Friday, February 22, 2013

My Favorite Brownie Recipe

We finally have a snow day and campus is closed.  One of my former students said she was bored and would make brownies if only she had a brownie mix.  Well, my friends, this may be a bit old-fashioned but you don't need a brownie mix.  Brownies are fast and easy to make and better than a mix.  Here is my favorite brownie recipe and it makes a nice batch in a 9x13 pan:

1 c. margarine, melted (2 sticks)
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 t. baking powder
1 c. chocolate chips

Melt margarine and add sugar, mix well.  Add eggs, mix well.  Mix flour, cocoa and baking powder, then add to wet mixture.  Blend in chocolate chips. Pour batter into a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray (or greased).  Bake 350 degrees for about 30 min.  Sometimes I pour the rest of the bag of chocolate chips on top and let them melt, then spread it and let cool. 

You'll never need another brownie mix.
Enjoy! Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to come back and read more of your blog ;) The brownies sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete