Thursday, April 4, 2013

Banana Bread By the Bunches

                                                           Bananas by Lisa Aldridge

I have a husband and eight children who all love banana bread.  One time my husband went to the local grocery store and they had three carts full of ripe bananas for 5 cents per lb.  My husband bought a cart full!  I had to come up with a way to use lots of bananas because my family conspired to not eat the bananas in order to force me to make banana bread.

Visit my other website to see more of my paintings: http://www.aldridgeart.webs.com/page1.html

Banana Bread By the Bunches

3 1/3 c. sugar
1 2/3 c. butter or margarine
10 T. milk
10 eggs
8 3/4 c. flour
10 t. baking powder
5 t. baking soda
5 c. mashed bananas (about 10-15 bananas)
Optional: chocolate chips and/or nuts

Blend the sugar and margarine.  Add the milk and eggs, mix well.  Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda.  Then add the mashed bananas.  Mix thoroughly.  You can add chocolate chips, chopped pecans or walnuts as desired.  Makes about 10 miniature loaves or 5 large loaves.
Pour into greased loaf pans until they are about 2/3 full.  Bake 350 degrees.  If you are using miniature loaf pans bake for about 35 min. If you are using regular-sized loaf pans bake for about 55-60 min.

Enjoy warm or cool, spread with butter or eat all by itself.
Ciao!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment